Friday, 25 November 2011

Grahf Reviews ... His Progress? 100 Posts Later

 Not really game related, but still something I felt I needed to do.

Well, it's been about five months give or take since I've started this, and 99 posts later I couldn't really figure out what to do in terms of anything special for the 100th entry. I know it might not be much, but I've decided to take a look at what (if any) progress I've made.

I was quite directionless when I started this journey I will admit, and there are plenty of things that I believe I'm falling short in, but all in all I think that I've done some half-decent work. I'm proud of a handful of my articles like my interview with Chemical Alia, my article on the unfair treatment of Gunpei Yokoi, and talking about Jack Thompson are some of the ones that stand out to me at least. I hope that people have enjoyed what I've been writing, perhaps even found it thoughtful or entertaining. The five updates a week can certainly be taxing, but I think that it's honestly been worth it.

One thing I know I actually need to do more of is actual game reviews. My current location and set up makes it particularly difficult to get my hands on worthwhile titles to give reviews to, but I'm hoping that sometime next year I might have the means to change at least some of that.

In the meantime I've been trying to strike a balance between covering things that I think are important/interesting, and providing original content. I know that I have quite a few things that I could do better, such as offering some differing designs in terms of how my articles are put together, adding images and videos, or perhaps even starting a channel on youtube (although the plans I have for that are quite overly complex at the moment and perhaps nothing more than a deluded pipedream).

In the end I'd have to give the progress I've made so far a C, because I think it's a solid start, but that there's a long way to go. I'm optimistic that I can keep undertaking this journey, and it's not like I don't have further ideas to expound upon.

I'd like to thank everyone who has stuck around and read this blog. I know that it's not a large number of people right now, but I'm glad that at least a few people out there find me amusing enough to stick around. I hope that I can continue to entertain and perhaps even make a few good points here and there. And believe me, if I have anything to say about it this is only the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading so far. :) Keep at it, Grahf.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.