Sunday, 23 September 2012

DLC: Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planewalkers 2013 Expansion 1

And the winner for most ponderous post title goes to that one.

Hello everyone. It's the start of a new week here and I really can't think of a better way to kick it off than to offer my two cents on the recent DLC that came out for Duels '13. The DLC which came out last week added five new decks to the game, bringing the total number of decks from ten to fifteen. These decks are guild themed decks from the Ravnica expansion, probably in honour the the upcoming Return to Ravnica block that is launching very shortly for the physical game itself.

Each of these expansion decks is notable for being dual-coloured. There's a Red/Black, Green/Black, Green/White, Blue/Red, and Blue/White deck, each with an individual focus. The Red/Black Rakdos deck is primarily an aggro deck, the Blue/Red Izzit deck is about board control, Blue/White Azorius is about aura enchantments, Green/Black Golgari is focused on graveyard antics, and Green/White Selesnya is about token generation out the wazoo. Each of these decks is refreshing to play, considering that that Black/White Exalted Darkness deck was previously the only multicolour deck available in the game.

The expansion itself costs five dollars, and adds the decks to the game to be unlocked. It should be noted that although there probably will be unlock and foil keys for each of these decks, that they haven't been released yet, at least not on the PC. I would say though that if you've bought the base game and enjoyed yourself that this is quite worth the five dollars you'll plunk down for it.

And now for something completely different. I played some matches with WiNGSPANTT from Top Tier Tactics, and to my surprise some of them ended up on his youtube channel. The matches are from his perspective, and are some pretty good ones if I do say so myself, obvious bias aside:


Anyways, if you happen to buy the game, then try and find me online sometime. You can see my handle in the video, and I'll be happy to play a few matches if I have the time, although I'm a bit of a night owl, so you'd have better luck finding me on after midnight most days than during the afternoons or evenings.

At any rate, that's it for the start of the week. I hope to keep going strong and get back to the semblance of a regular schedule, considering that I've missed at least one day a week for the past two. Unlike the last two weeks though nothing is slated to interfere that much, so hopefully I haven't jinxed it by mentioning as such. Oh well, we'll see how it goes either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.