The last couple of days have been pretty heavy, not that there isn't a time or place for such things. That having been said though I think that it's time to look on the lighter side of things, at least for one day, and I think that I've found the perfect outlet for such a decision. Saint's Row is pretty much known now for the fact that the game is full of insanely off-the-cusp humour and utterly outlandish scenarios. It's pretty much gone in the opposite direction of the Grand Theft Auto series, which while still fun has been taking itself more and more seriously with each iteration.
Well, now that insanity is starting to spread to the real world as well.
For the low, one time price of exactly one million dollars, you can have the Saint's Row IV Dangerous Wad Edition. Available only in the UK, and having a quantity of one, this package pretty much gives the purchaser a lot of neat toys to have a taste of the Saint's lifestyle in the real world. You may notice that the package includes:
- A full sized replica Dubstep Gun
- A full day of spy training
- A trip to space with Virgin Galactic
- One year’s membership of E25 Super Car Club and a Lamborghini Gallardo to make it worthwhile
- Plastic Surgery of the purchaser’s choice
- A shopping spree with a personal shopper to create the ultimate Planet Saints capsule wardrobe
- 7 nights for two at The Jefferson Hotel in Washington
- Hostage rescue experience
- A brand new Toyota Prius and insurance to give something back to the environment
- 7 nights stay in the Top Royal Suite at the Burj-al-arab with flights for two
I know that it's sort of silly, but isn't that the point of Saint's Row? To be the silly game? And no doubt that this drums up interest and publicity for it. If or perhaps when someone buys this ultra deluxe edition of the game who knows what could happen. Maybe a person could even buy it just to turn around and give it away in a contest? It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.
At a time when there's so much negative press and the need for games to be "taken seriously" I'm glad that there are people around who are still able to lighten up and have some fun. It's seriously becoming a rare and wonderful gift these days.